Prior to entering Australian Government subsidised residential care, a person must first be approved as a care recipient for permanent residential aged care.

In order to determine a person's eligibility and care needs, an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment must be undertaken. This is initiated through a GP, or directly through My Aged Care. My Aged Care can be contacted via telephone #1800 200 422, or through the website

Please ensure you request approval for permanent residential care by ticking the appropriate box.

After the assessment, the ACAT assessment team will write to you to let you know the outcome of the assessment. The letter will specify the services are approved to receive, as well as the reasons why. You will also receive other information on the assessment, including a referral code. It is important to keep a copy of these documents as it will make it easier for service providers to confirm eligibility to receive government-subsidised aged care services.

An application for placement at Geegeelup Aged Care Facility can be made prior to having the assessment. Names are be added to the facility waiting list, pending the assessment. Please click on link below to access a copy of our application form.

Geegeelup Aged Care Facility management encourages care recipients to have an Enduring Power of Attorney and Guardian in place prior to entry to the facility.